APPLY FOR GRANT
100 Shares Tampa Bay (100STB) was formed in 2014 to support the work of Christian non-profit ministries in the Tampa Bay (Pinellas and/or Hillsborough) area. Grants are awarded to select Christian ministries that will use the grant funds to serve Pinellas/Hillsborough counties to expand an existing program or establish a new initiative. This is an extremely important part of the mission of 100STB…our heart is to provide local ministries with the resources they need to move to the next level of ministry. How exciting for all of us who get to be involved in this wonderful kingdom-building endeavor!
To date 100STB has awarded 14 grants, for a total of $850,425…and our momentum continues! We are currently on track to reach our goal of granting a cumulative amount of $1.8 million by the year 2027. How exciting!
If your ministry meets the Grant criteria below, we invite you to submit a Grant Application for any amount between $25,000 and $100,000. God has been incredibly faithful and gracious in providing grant funds for some incredible local ministries already and we look forward to all that He has planned in this next grant cycle.
Please pay close attention to the grant criteria and requirements. Every year we are in the position of turning away wonderful ministries due to incomplete grant applications. Please don’t let your ministry be one we need to turn away for a small oversight of the details.
We at 100STB will be praying that God will guide you in this process and we look forward to all He plans to do in furthering His Kingdom through 100 Shares Tampa Bay!
In His Service,
100 Shares Tampa Bay Grants Chair
- Applicant must share the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Applicant must be a Christian non-profit ministry.
- Applicant may not be a church.
- Applicant must have a 501(c)3 Tax-Exempt Status for two (2) years prior to the date of application and must have had an active program or ministry in Hillsborough and/or Pinellas Counties for the two (2) years prior to making the grant application.
- Grant request amount must not exceed half of the applicant's current operating budget.
- Grant request must not include on-going operating expenses, rent or endowment.
- Grant request for advertising, marketing, consultant fees and salaries in total may not exceed 20% of the grant request amount.
- Grant award may not be used for new construction.
- Grant award may not be used to underwrite fundraising events.
- Applicant will use grant funds to serve Pinellas and/or Hillsborough counties.
- Applicant must download and use the Detailed Grant Budget template and submit as part of the completed Grant Application. No other Detailed Grant Budget formats will be accepted.
100 Shares has moved to an online application format and hard copies of the application will no longer be required or accepted. The online application will open on June first of the year and will close at 11:59 pm on the last Friday of August in the same year.
All grant submission files must use the following nomenclature: Grant Year_Nonprofit Name_Grant Application.
Grant applications are accepted for amounts between $25,000 and $100,000 only.
Please note: If your ministry has NOT received a grant from 100 Shares Tampa Bay, you will be able to apply again every year.
If your non-profit DID receive a grant, you can re-apply for another grant after waiting two years. For example, if your ministry was awarded a grant in 2022 you can re-apply to receive another grant in 2025.”
GRANT SELECTION PROCESS AND AWARD
Because of the large number of submissions we receive each year, the grant committee will limit consideration to the first 20 online applications received.
- Four finalists will be chosen from the grant applications received.
- The finalists will be invited to share their ministries and how their grant request will benefit their organization at the Fall Partner event in October 2022.
- Site visits for the four finalists will be conducted January thru March 2023 with two visits at each ministry. Site visits must be able to accommodate at least 50 partners per visit.
- At least one board member must be present during each site visit.
- Grant award will be presented at the Partner Event in April 2023.
- Grant recipients are required to send progress reports (template will be provided) to the Grants Chair in September and March following receipt of grant funds. Reports should include a statement of expenditures for grant funds spent to date. Final report is sent when funds are spent according to grant application timeline. Include 2-4 related photos.
- Grant recipient(s) must be present at the Partner Event in April when receiving the grant and the following award year to present a report regarding the benefits of the grant awarded.
2023-2024 GRANT SELECTION CALENDAR OF EVENTS
APPLY FOR GRANT
100 Shares Tampa Bay board Board of Trustees will review your application and contact those organizations selected to move forward in the process.
The board members will vote on finalists and present them to the partners at our fall coffee.
Host a site visit with board members, partners and guests.
After input by participating 100 Shares Tampa Bay partners during site visits and thorough, prayerful and thoughtful review by the board of trustees, all grant recipients will be selected and announced in April at our annual luncheon.
Step One: Download The Form Below
Step Two: Upload your Grant Application